The Department of Building and Safety introduced the Inspection Case Management (ICM) program in support of Mayor Eric Garcetti's "Back to Basics" agenda for city governance, winning the Mayor's Civic Innovation Award in 2016. The service will utilize experienced inspection staff as Case Managers to assist, guide, and facilitate the construction inspection process to build safely, quickly and well – helping drive economic growth, foster job creation, and enhance customer service.
ICM will provide systematic and comprehensive assistance to customers with the following types of projects:
- Projects with a construction valuation above $5,000,000.
- Projects to develop restaurants and other food service establishments.
- Projects to develop charter schools.
ICM Case Managers aim to provide the customer with consultative services spanning the following areas:
- Assist in navigating efficiently.
- Coordinate meetings between construction and inspection teams and provide a timely resolution to critical construction and inspection issues.
- Assist all construction trades to resolve as built or on site construction changes.
- Facilitate resolution to code related interpretation issues.
- Coordinate timely and comprehensive inspection for all inspection trades.
- Mobilize same-day inspections.
- Facilitate project phased occupancy.
- Assists with gas meter setup, in partnership with DWP and SoCal Gas.
At the client level, ICM will provide a single point-of-contact for the City of Los Angeles and offer assistance in navigating efficiently through the City's regulatory procedures and policies. To assist with projects, ICM will create a partnership with construction teams and utilize a series of "all-hands" meetings prior to, and during construction, to collaborate on construction timelines, overlapping inspection disciplines, technical problems and the facilitation of Certificates of Occupancy.
For small projects, ICM will evaluate and assist clients on specific needs. For major projects, ICM will provide a dedicated full-time LADBS Inspector as a Case Manager for the duration of the project. Compensation for the assigned Inspector will be based on the employee's salary rate and will be funded by each project.
To make use of a Case Manager's services, please contact Inspection Case Management section at (213) 482-0464 or (213) 202-9963, or apply online.