The Preliminary Plan Check Service provides applicants with an opportunity to meet with a plan check engineer to answer questions on Los Angeles Municipal Code requirements or obtain other information concerning their project, prior to plan check submittal.
Preliminary Plan Check can assist permit applicants with code requirements and identify major site-specific issues prior to plan check submittal. Preliminary plan check service also helps applicants to navigate efficiently through the various permitting and application processes.
To apply for this service, please do the following:
- Complete a Case Management Service Request application. Applications are available online, or at all Building and Safety public counters.
- Submit the completed application form via email at DevelopmentServices.CM@lacity.org, via fax at (213) 482-6874 or in person at 201 N Figueroa St., Suite 1030, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- LADBS staff will contact you to schedule the appointment time within 5 business days.
- Take the completed Case Management Service Request form to any LADBS cashier and pay the required $163.50 fee prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- Bring the Preliminary Plan Check application, proof of payment, a detailed list of questions and any available drawings to the scheduled appointment.
- Each appointment will be limited up to a maximum of 1.5 hours.